Saturday, December 10, 2011

It Came Just Past a Midnight Clear

Nothing quite wakes you up like hearing strangers talking outside your bedroom door in the middle of the night. Though I was still physically quite groggy, my mind snapped to attention and I sprang out of bed. Now, as soon as I got out of bed, I thought the tone of the discussion, as well as its volume sounded a lot like the radio. Still, just to be safe, I grabbed my big Maglite flashlight/bludgeon out of the closet. Unfortunately I caught the edge of the closet door with the flashlight, making the loudest sound in the world of that time of night, prompting Jen to ask if I was all right. I went next door and found that the radio alarm clock in the gym had mysteriously popped on the BBC at 1:30 AM in the morning. I fumbled it off and went back to sleep surprisingly quickly. Of course, I proceeded to dream of people invading our house. Why I dreamt that the home invaders were 5 students from Colorado Christian University and 1 ex-drug addict hiding behind an end table is beyond me.

No comments: