Thursday, September 4, 2008

My New Friends

Yesterday I did something I have never done before. I went to a trading party at the Plastic Chapel. It was in honor of the release of Dunny Series 5. I had plenty of duplicates from other series to trade, so I brought them and my gift certificate along. I got a couple of Dunnies with the rest of my gift certificate and traded one of them right away for one I wanted. I also traded a couple of my duplicate Bamboo Zoo figures for some more Dunnies from the new series. Caught up in the frenzy, I also bought another Dunny. So in total I came away with 5 Dunnies. Then today, I received in the mail a Dunny from a previous series that I unexpectedly won on eBay. I had been trying to get this one for a while, but the bidding had always gone above what I was ready to pay. So today I have 6 new Dunnies.
I also received the new Western Digital external hard drive I had ordered. My laptop has begun making the same scary noises that caused me to reformat it a while ago, so rather than waste tons of DVDs on back ups, I purchased this 500 GB beauty. All my backups that had taken days to make were done in less than an hour and at much less expense and labor.

Work also went pretty well today, with me meeting with some success in my battle to get Flex and Flash to do things they don't want to do. I don't think I can talk about them right now, but hopefully in the future I can lay out some cool discoveries. I need to check my NDA first.

So then I came home to clean up (Never leave a cutting board you cut raw chicken on uncleaned in a sink. Gack.) and do laundry. I also took plenty of pictures of my new acquisitions while watching the Republican Convention. McCain gave a decent speech, but the first half was exceptionally bland for an acceptance speech. It wasn't until the second half that he began saying interesting things and speaking with passion. Nevertheless, this will certainly be an interesting election.

5 comments:

Elsa Marie said...

WAIT we need their adorable names!

TirzahJean said...

How fun! Do you have a nice display case for them yet?

turbidity said...

No display case yet. They were on top of the scanner/printer until last night when I needed to scan something. As for names, the figures don't have them, but from left to right, the artists are: Amanda Visell, Reach, JK5, Kenzo Minami, Aya Kakeda, and MAD.

Elsa Marie said...

oh, they're not nearly as fun as the ones with real names.

TirzahJean said...

Sheryl and I saw some stickers at Hobby Lobby the other day that reminded us of your little friends.